The Career Counselling Centre at DPSI, Gurgaon focuses on providing students with the best post-secondary schooling and career guidance to suit their interests and aptitude. Ms. Naghma Khan, Head of College Advisory & Higher Studies, and her team of dedicated and professional counselors support students in their growth and development by constructing meaningful educational plans that are compatible with their life goals.
The Career & College Advisory Department is an integral part of the IBDP, which follows an Individualized College Advisory Programme (ICAP) which supports and guides each student through the complexities of the admission process to universities both within and outside India. This is designed in a graded manner to suit the needs of students from MYP 4 (Grade IX) onwards through grades MYP 5, DP1, and DP2 (Grades X, XI, and XII).
As a part of our ICAP Mission, we employ diverse methods that are designed to provide a comprehensive college and career counselling experience for our students. These include
- Counselling sessions with college advisor: Individual sessions to facilitate systematic career planning for students
- Career Planning workshops: gearing up for university admissions, subject choice orientation, resume writing, building portfolios, summer school programmes. and many more activities designed to provide exposure to various fields.
- Research Colleges: Identify colleges based on standardized test scores, location, course and finances
- Parent Support and Family Connection: To keep parents informed in the career exploration journey of their children and help them understand the intricacies of career choices and upcoming jobs in the modern era.
- Global Platforms for College Counselling: Use of online tools such as CIALFO, CommonApp, UCAS, Coalition, and other such platforms to streamline student college applications.
- Visits by University Representatives: To help students to interact with various in-country as well as overseas representatives
- Opportunities for experiential learning: internships, meeting professionals and experts from different fields, student-led events and volunteering opportunities.
- Comprehensive support for College Application Process: Guidance on writing personal essays, create thorough Letters of Recommendation through student self-reported brag sheets and mentorship sessions from International University representatives.
- DPSI Annual Career Fair: DPSI is proud to host multiple Indian and International Universities that participate in our Annual University Fairs. The representatives from these universities connect with our students either individually or in groups to ensure that our students get authentic and first-hand information about various courses, application opportunities, scholarships, and much more.
|Ms. Naghma Khanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Linette Barrosemail@example.com|
|Mr. Karthik Hariharanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Kanika Kalraemail@example.com|
|Ms. Misha Balifirstname.lastname@example.org|