Admissions are open for for the academic session 2019-20. Parents are welcome to visit the admission office, preferably with prior appointment to have an informal discussion with us. We would be happy to connect with you for inquiries regarding admissions.
DPS International has rolling admissions throughout the year. This is to facilitate easy accommodation of transfer students from other international schools from within the country and from across the globe.
DPS International, Gurgaon
HS-01, Block W, South City II, Golf Course Extension Road Gurgaon, Haryana- 122001
Process for Admission
To initiate the admission process please follow the following steps:-
- Fill in the Admission Booklet, pay the registration fee* and submit the following documents.
- Copies of past scholastic record of at least 2 years previous to this application (if applicable)
- 6 recent coloured passport size photographs of the student with the name written behind each photograph
- 1 recent coloured passport size photograph of each parent with the name & relationship written behind each photograph
- Copy of valid passport of the student
- Copy of birth certificate of the student
- Copy of residence proof of the parent
- Copy of Immunisation Card
- Copy of FRRO registration (in case the student carries a non Indian passport)
- Once the above documents are submitted, the child and the parents will be invited for a meeting with the Head of Admissions, Principal and Head of School. The purpose of the meeting is to get to know the child better, understand his/her strengths and what makes him/her unique.
Not sharing the correct information will not be in the best interest of the child or the school (concealing information, academic / emotional / behavioral or any other may lead to cancellation of admission).
In case of any queries about the admission process, please contact the Admissions Office at +91 8377000164 / 65
*Note:- Non-Refundable Admission Booklet and Registration Fee INR 7000.
Primary School: Grades Pre-nursery to Grade 5
Admissions to Primary school are based on a personal interaction with the admission team and the Primary School Principal. No formal written assessments are taken for admission to the Primary school.
Candidates seeking admission in Grade 6 (MYP 1):
All DPSI students move from PYP to MYP 1. After having selected their preferred additional language (language acquisition) the learners have a benchmarking assessment to place them at various phases.
Candidates from other schools seeking admission in Grades 6/7/8/9 (MYP 1/2/3/4):
All candidates seeking admission to DPSI will take placement assessments in Mathematics and English followed by an interaction with the Secondary School Principal who notes her / his anecdotal comments on the admission sheet.
The learners select their preferred additional language (language acquisition) followed by a benchmarking assessment to place them at various phases. The students seeking admission in MYP 2 and 3 (Grade 6 and 7) are expected to have studied the selected language for at-least one year in their previous school and for students seeking admission in MYP 3 and 4 (Grade 8 and 9) the selected language should have been studied for at least two years in their previous school.
the parents should sign an undertaking that they will support their ward with additional help in the selected language to bring the level of the child to the average class standard.
Grades 11 and 12 (IB DP 1 – IB DP 2):
DPSI MYP students seeking admission in Grade 11 (DP 1):
Students who have been a part of the Middle Years Programme at DPSI are eligible for admission to DP 1 on the condition that they have been awarded their IB MYP Certificate.
Subject choices will involve a two tier process:
) Grade 10 result
2) Interaction with Secondary School Principal/DP coordinator/Career Counsellor
DP Candidates from other schools:
Admission will be a three tier process
- Last two years result along with a Character Certificate from the previous school
- Placement assessment in Math, English and a Psychometric Test.
- There will be an interview for short listed candidates along with their parents. Overseas students will have the assessment done by special arrangement. A telephonic /Skype or telephonic interview will be conducted for short listed applicants after the written assessment.
The candidates should demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of the IB Diploma.
Language acquisition and subject levels will be decided based on specific assessments which will be administered as per the student’s declared level of proficiency(HL, SL, ab initio/studies ).
In Grade 12( DP 2) only transferring IB Diploma Students are admitted.
Immersion Programme ( April and May)
The Immersion Programme is a 6 to 8 week programme offered at DPS International from April to May every year. The objective of this programme is to help the students get a feel of school life at DPS International and ease their entry into a new school environment. This is a specially designed programme for students transferring from educational systems other than the International Baccalaureate(IB). The teachers assist the new students in acquiring academic and social skills and individual attention is also provided to close any identified academic gaps these students may have. The students also get an opportunity to make friends and bond with their classmates well before the new academic year begins in August.
We offer a limited number of seats for the Immersion Programme on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
DPS International is an inclusive school and offers SEN support. The seats in the SEN department are limited and admissions are subject to availability of seats and resources.
You may visit the school or call +91 8377000164/65 for more details.
E-Leaflet Admission Form